Saturday, October 25, 2008

Bread Pudding

Being a "GRITS"....(a girl raised in the south)I developed a love of bread pudding at an early age. I just hated the raisins in it though, they always looked like dead bugs to me.

I found a recipe not long ago that uses chopped apples instead of raisins and has a yummy caramel sauce on top. YUM! I have made it for Wednesday night supper at Church several times and my Pastor loves it!

One of the ways I have found to make it on the cheap is to save the end pieces of my bread and left over dinner rolls, croissants, etc. I go ahead and tear the bread up into bite size pieces and throw them in a gallon size Ziploc bag in my freezer. When the bag is full, it is the perfect size for a 9x13 pan of bread pudding. I just mix up the eggs, milk, butter and seasonings, and throw it into the oven. Quick, easy and CHEAP! :) The addition of apples, cinnamon and other spices make it smell so heavenly while it bakes. The caramel sauce helps too, with it's warm buttery flavor mixing in.

Good thing I just ate dinner, other wise I would be starving! :)

No comments: