Saturday, December 6, 2008

It's Saturday....

You know, I figure I have the best of both worlds when it comes to Publix. You see, I can get the coupons on Sunday, clip them all and sort them, and hit Kroger and Walgreens on Monday for some super savings. Then when the Publix ad hits midweek, I can make my list of BOGOs and other great deals, match up coupons from the previous Sunday, and then wait for the coming Sunday to find even more. Then I shop Monday or Tuesday before the ad changes again.

That's what I did last night. I sat down with my Publix flyer, made my list of things I wanted, then went back and matched up coupons I have. I used my coupon file of coupons from previous weeks papers, the coupon pamphlets from Publix and the huge stack my beloved sister mailed me from Baton Rouge. (THANKS SIS!) Next I went online to the Fiddledeedee blog and checked for any printable coupons I might have missed, printed out one for Idahoan potatoes, and organized everything into my file. Each store has a little file in the front of my coupon box to hold the coupons I am using that week.

Now it is Saturday and I am chomping at the bit for tomorrow's paper! YAY! More coupons clipping!!!! I am hoping there are good coupon sections tomorrow as the last two weeks have seemed kinda slim to me.....

I was also thinking that some people might wonder how I make my list. I have seen various formats for computerized, printable lists and master lists and such, but that doesn't work for me. My style is rather primitive and plain, but it works for me....so here goes.

I use the hard backed spiral notebooks that you can get at Dollar Tree or Michaels in the dollar section. They are about 3-4 inches wide and about 6-7 inches tall. Spiral bound, so they fold back on themselves, and hardbacked so I can write on the paper while holding the book in my hand, with nothing underneath. The book will stand up in my coupon file.

I make a separate page for each store....Walgreens, Publix and Kroger. I scour sale papers and make the list of the best deals on stuff my family uses. Then I go back through my coupon file and make notes by my list of what coupons I have. It is handwritten, but looks something like this:

4 Idahoan potatoes M
2 Juicy Juice M
candles P
etc.

I circle the letters and quantity I want so it stands out. I use P or K or W to denote store coupons, M for manufacturer coupons, and RC to remind me I have a rain check for an item.

Like I said, primitive and plain but it works for me. I am thinking of scanning a picture of my real list and my coupon file so you can see just how plain and simple I am. :) Also, you will see how bad my handwriting is. :)

No comments: