Thursday, February 19, 2009

A big time saver in the kitchen!

Grab My Button! I wanted to share something I found online with you. While I was blog stalking I came across a blog that has some really great ideas on it about cooking once and eating 10 times. Well, that idea appealed to me as a big time saver so I looked into it. The blog author has listed a way to cook once and eat 10 times by preparing chicken or ground beef in advance and freezing for quick meals later. I am very inspired to try this and I printed out her instructions as well as a few of her recipes that she includes at the bottom of the posts.

Although you may have to half or double the amount of meat for your family, I think this is a fabulous idea and will really help on nights when time is short and everyone is hungry. I love the idea of having the "hot" part done ahead when the summertime heat makes the kitchen just unbearable.

Check this out and let me know what you think. I am including a link to her page with the chicken instructions. I tried to insert a link to follow on this blog but it won't send you to the right page for some reason so just go to her blog (listed below) and in the right hand column under blog posts click on "cooking ahead". You will see the ground beef one come up with an imbeded link to follow for the chicken version. Or, you can click on her button on the top of this post and follow it from there. It is an awesome blog and I have added her to my blog list of sites to stalk! :)

Let me know what you think!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've never quite gotten on the cook ahead bandwagon. Probably because I work all the time. When I have time off, I don't want to spend it cooking dadgumit! (Is there any logic in that at all?)