Friday, January 23, 2009

Shopping and Saving

I went on my weekly shopping trip at Kroger and Publix this Tuesday. I found some really great deals! I started at Publix, and using my coupons and store specials, this is what I got:

Total retail price: $137.53
Total savings, using sale prices and coupons: $86.64
My out of pocket cost: $50.89

Moving on to Kroger, where I lucked up on some extra savings in addition to what I had planned on getting.

My biggest steals were the Softsoaps, which were on sale for $1 each. I had 7 50 cent coupons, which they of course double to $1 off, so these puppies were free. Same deal on the batteries, they were also on sale for $1 a pack, and I had 75 cents off Duracell and $1 off the Rayovacs so they were all free, except the one Duracell was 25 cents. I felt silly buying all of those when I don't need them, but they don't expire until Dec. 2012, so I think I am ok. Most of our flashlights take C batteries, and living on the coast we have to stock up on these at hurricane season anyway....so I planned ahead. )At least it worked out that way :)
Total retail price: $95.67
Total savings, with coupons and sales: $68.62
My out of pocket cost: $27.05

My hubby says I did pretty good. That makes me proud!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Man! you seriously rock some coupons!!

Debbie said...

Way to go, I wish we had double coupons out here, it is so frustrating - but maybe with the economy like it is, some of the stores will start offering them. Our chains are Wal-Mart, Albertsons, Winn Dixie and then the local Associated Grocers stores and they don't double anything. Albertsons has twice since we have lived here in 13 years.

Unknown said...

Hey, I hope everything is going as well as it possibly can right now. I know what you are going through isn't easy and I'm praying God will help with the healing process.



I was trying to find your email in my email box but I have way too much junk in there. I wanted to invite you over to my new forum.. keeper of the cheerios is getting ready to expand and there's going to be a lot of things coming to the site and changing but for the better. I'd love to have you over at this forum :)

http://keeperofthecheerios.forumotion.net/forum.htm

I hope things start looking up for you guys soon. *hugs*