Friday, November 14, 2008

I tackled Publix!

Urged on by my savings at Kroger and Walgreens last week, I gathered up enough Bravado to try it at Publix. I didn't have time to snap a pic, but here is what I got:
4 pkgs Green Giant frozen vegetables
2 cans Betty Crocker frosting
Cover Girl eyeshadow single
2 pkgs frozen dumplings
3 cans Muir Glen diced tomatoes
64 oz. Juicy Juice
3.5 bag Friskies catfood
one gallon of milk
2 cans Progresso soup
2 boxes Betty Crocker supreme brownies
one loaf white bread
2 lbs. bananas
2 boxes Kelloggs frosted flakes
Always panty liners-60 ct
Colgate Total Fresh toothpaste
a deck of playing cards in the clearance bin
one pkg Always feminine pads
a book about Spiritual warfare

(*note: the playing cards were on clearance for $1.50 and hubby had to have them, they were waterproof after all!!!! And the book was for him too. It was $13.99. I could have saved $15 if I had been alone! LOL!)

Retail price of all items: $87.00 (exactly!)
After coupons and store promos I paid....
Drumroll....
$43.34 for a savings of over 50%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GO ME!!!!!!
And that includes the $15 bucks hubby spent LOL!

4 comments:

Cecile said...

Cool Deal I Love Publix.I go there to get Cole's antibiotics FREE!!!When I was in there this week I got the Kelloggs Frosted Flakes for $1.99 and the 5 Lb. bag of white potatoes for $1.99.(have you noticed the price of potatoes sky-rocket??) I only buy whats on sale when I go there::))Thanks for sharing your cool new blog::))

Unknown said...

Hey Cecile....the Publix sale runs through this Wednesday. Trot over to www.kelloggs.com and print out some coupons for $1 off a box of ANY Kelloggs cereal. SUPER SAVINGS!!!!

Debbie said...

Good shopping again, my dear sister. We do not have Kroger or Publix and no where here doubles coupons, really is aggravating!

Kari said...

Wow, way to go! I am always looking for ways to save money. I was wondering though if the local stores take the printed coupons off of the internet, I know that Walmart and Target won't. Are there any stores that double coupons? Thanks for any info. Keep saving!