Thursday, November 27, 2008

Publix!


I am so excited! I got up early to put one of the turkeys in the oven and found the Publix ad in our paper. I thought it wouldn't be out til Friday, since the Publix stores are closed today. Let me just say I think this TOTALLY ROCKS and all stores should follow suit. My Mom in law and I were discussing yesterday how everything used to be closed on Thanksgiving, Easter and Christmas except maybe a rare 7-11. But now, in favor of the almighty dollar, stores stay open just about 24/365. I am glad Publix takes a stand and says "NO!" to corporate greed on at least one day!

Anyway, I see that Oreos are on sale at 2 for $5.....time to stock up since my father in law can eat a whole package at one sitting...Funny side note here, he won't eat the colored ones. Says they taste different. (????)
Pomegranates are BOGO, which my daughter loves! These Knorr side items are BOGO, and I happen to have several coupons for 60 cents off each pack, so that looks like a deal...Arnold bread is BOGO, and I have coupons for 50 cents off each loaf, which will doubled be $1, plus a thingie to use when you buy two loaves of bread you save a buck on milk. Electrasol dishwasher powder is BOGO...got coupons for those too, and I see that Frosted Flakes is still $1.99 a box. Add those $1 off one box Kelloggs coupons, and you get a real deal!

Have a Happy Thanksgiving...see you at Publix on Friday!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Okay Sis, I think you DO have a problem - planning your strategy for shopping for GROCERIES on Thanksgiving! Just kidding, wish we had Publix - nothing here doubles coupons and it is so frustrating. I also could not use a downloaded one at Walmart on Colgate toothpaste. It would not scan and of course the highly intelligent person working there says if it will not scan, they can't take it! But, it took my other downloaded ones. Go figure.........