Friday, November 21, 2008

The long and short of it

I went grocery shopping today and I have to tell you the deal I stumbled on. While I was scanning the Walgreens ad, I found a coupon for a $25 gift card if you transfer a prescription to them. I always get mine filled at KMart, and I figured that was about the cheapest place in town but $25 is $25 right?

The prescription I transferred is my cholesterol medicine. It runs me $22 a month at KMart. I figured even if it was a bit higher, I could use the giftcard and still get it free right?

Imagine my surprise when the Walgreens price was $12!!!!!!!!!!! Yippee!!! That gave me an extra $13 to use with my coupons! I was doing the happy dance!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I transfered one of my to Walgreens to get the gift card also. Then I will transfer it back (it is the same price for me) to CVS. But, my experience with the Walgreen's staff was not a pleasant one. I was told it would take 2 hours to get my perscription transferred (which was 12:30 when I dropped it off). I stopped after work, a little after 5 and it was not ready. When they finally got it filled, I gave them my gift card coupon, well the tech did not know what to do with it, so she called a manager. The manager was trying to take my co-pay of $10 out of the $25 giftcard and it would not work (which I had already told the manager that if she read the gift card coupon, it said not valid for perscriptions). She called a second manager and he couldn't figure it out either, so therefore a third manager had to come and straighten things out. I left Walgreen's fuming 45 minutes later. It was not a happy experience, but I got my $25 gift card.