Sunday, November 9, 2008

Kickin' It At The Kroger.....


Fueled by the butt whoopin' I handed out at Walgreens, I proceeded on to Kroger. My beloved and I had already done the super deal at Kroger earlier in the week, (see previous post) and had wanted to hit the sale before it ended last night at midnight.

We left the Princess with Grandma and trucked onto Kroger to do some serious dealing. I was disappointed that the entire General Mills cereal selection was wiped out, and that all of the hefty zip top bags were gone due to the overwhelming demand, but I asked for a refund and was almost cheerfully issued one. We shopped on, matching coupons with sale prices, using cellfire coupons and taking advantage of the buy-ten-save-$5 deal again. We had a total of 20 of the deal items so we knew we would save an extra $10, and we stealthily marched on, coupons clutched in our hot little hands.

After about 1 1/2 hours, we walked out with $126.16 worth of food for only $67.39. That is a savings of over 46%. I think I am gettin' the hang of this!!!

After the two butt kickin' shopping trips this week, we accumulated enough points to get gas at the Kroger gas station for 10 cents off per gallon, which made our price an unheard of %1.85 a gallon. My poor car didn't know what to do with a full tank!

I plan to head to Walgreens tomorrow to shop with the new ad, and the Kroger ad this week shows that the buy 10 save $5 deal is continuing, so I may hit that agian if some money rolls in. I will keep you posted!

Happy shopping!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Smart Shopping! I was in Albertson's on Friday night to pick up some meat and saw that they had $3.00 off Chex cereal coupons hanging on their shelf, so I grabbed a couple and waited until I went for my weekly shopping at Wal-Mart to use them. The Chex cereal (which is my husband's favorite) is $1.95 at Wal-Mart compared to on sale for $2.50 at Albertson's. So, I got three boxes of cereal for $2.85 at Wal-Mart (not a bad deal at all). Also, Albertson's always has pads and pads of coupons on their shelves, so I go thru the store anytime I am in there looking for ones I can use (since Walmart doesn't do this).